Whoaa ..! This is a mail I got from one of the banking news lists I subscribe to .. And if what it say is true then ICICI bank has really gone mad. Here’s the content of mail goes :
Be ready to lose money from July 01,2007:
ICICI bank is going mad from July 01, 2007. It has hiked the service charges applicable to all type of transactions ………
ICICI Customer Care has confirmed that these charges are applicable to Salary Accounts also !!!!!!!!!! See the attachment for more details.
1. Debit card usage : Rs.99/- service charges per annum for holding the debit card.
2. Cash Deposit : For cash deposit at non-base branch a minimum of Rs.150/-per deposit will be cut.
3. ATM usage : Only 6 transactions are free in a quarter. After that, Rs.15/- per transaction.
4. Monthly statements by courier : Rs.200/- per annum.
5. SMS alerts : Free for first 6 months from the date of registration. Subsequently Rs.25/- per quarter.
6. Rs. 100 per Standing Instruction
Are they really sure they wanna do this ..?? Only 6 ATM transactions per quarter ?? that comes to 2 per month .. Hahahaa .. Even my dhobi goes to ATM more than that .. Rs. 100 per standing instruction ?? OMG .. You take a loan from ICICI bank and make Standing Instructions in your current or savings account for payment of EI and they will charge you for that .. What a piece of crap ..!!